The call is closed for 2020
The admission procedure for the selection of candidates will be carried out individually by the universities and is not under UNHCR’s responsibility.
Interested candidates are strongly advised to consult the individual call for applications issued by the universities, as requirements may vary.
Application is open exclusively to candidates who:
- Are residing in Ethiopia and have been recognized the refugee status in collaboration with UNHCR;
- Hold a qualification valid for admission to the chosen Second Cycle Degree Programme;
- The degree must be issued in Ethiopia by a higher education institution accredited in the Ethiopian higher education system;
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 according to the Ethiopian tertiary education grading system;
- Hold a degree obtained in or after 2015 (please note that some universities do not apply a time limit for graduation, please refer to individual call for applications)
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the Second cycle degree programme;
- Have never before been enrolled in a degree program at any of the Partner Universities.
Students will be selected on the basis of merit.
The evaluation will be carried out by Committees of Experts nominated by each university individually.
Students are required to submit the following mandatory documentation:
- Ration Card Number of their Proof of Registration or a copy of their currently valid Refugee Identity card issued by Ethiopian authorities in collaboration with UNHCR;
- A certificate confirming the qualification required for admission to the chosen degree programme;
- Transcripts of exams passed and relative grades;
- A reference letter is required by some universities;
- Any relevant and additional document required by the specific programmes chosen.
Applications are open from 20th April at 12 pm (noon, UTC+1) to 20th May 2020 at 12:00 pm (noon, UTC+1).
The participating universities will each identify a Committee of Experts to conduct the selection process, which will be divided into two steps:
Step 1: Evaluation of the documentation. The Committee of Experts will evaluate the documentation according to the following criteria:
- Academic background and GPA (score: 0-20);
- Evaluation of CV: professional experience and personal skills (score: 0-10);
- Coherence between previous studies and selected Second Cycle Degree programme (score: 0-10);
Candidates receiving a score of less than 25 will not be admitted to step 2 of the selection process.
Candidates admitted to Step 2 will be notified by email by 29th May 2020.
Step 2: On-line interview. Candidates admitted to step 2 will be interviewed by the Committee of Experts, who will evaluate their technical skills, knowledge of the subject and level of English. Interviews will be graded on a scale of 40 points.
Interviews will take place starting from 1st June 2020 and will be held on-line.
Candidates will be notified by email about the date and time of the interview.
Candidates are requested to present themselves for interview with the Ration Card Number or the Refugee Identity Card used during the on-line application. A third party must be present at the beginning of the interview to identify the candidate.
Participation in University Corridors, including the application process, is free. If you know anyone asking or offering money in connection with this project you should immediately contact UNHCR.